Linalool(in 14,525 products)
1. Flavor / Flavoring / Flavor Enhancer - Provides or enhances a particular taste or smell.
2. Fragrance / Fragrance Component - Provides or enhances a particular smell or odor.
Linalool is organic compound found in many flowers and spice plants.
Linalool is used as a scent in perfumed hygiene products and cleaning agents including soaps, detergents, shampoos, and lotions. It is also used as a chemical intermediate. One common downstream product of linalool is vitamin E.
In addition, linalool is used by pest professionals as a flea, fruit fly and cockroach insecticide. It can also be used a method of pest control for codling moths and in some mosquito-repellent products.
EU CosIng Annex III Restriction Information:
(EC) No 1223/2009
The presence of the substance must be indicated in the list of ingredients referred to in Article 19(1)g when its concentration exceeds:
- 0.001% in leave-on products
- 0.01% in rinse-off products
0450/01 - Memorandum on the SCCNFP Opinion concerning Fragrance Allergy
0673/03 - Opinion concerning Essential Oils
0760/03 - Opinion concerning Linalool
0017/98 - Opinion concerning Fragrance Allergy in Consumers - A Review of the Problem -
Analysis of the need for appropriate Consumer Information and Identification of Consumer Allergens
0202/99 - Opinion concerning the Interim Position on Fragrance Allergy
1. PubChem: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/6549
1. EU CosIng Annex III, SUBSTANCES WITH RESTRICTIONS IN COSMETIC PRODUCTS 
- Ref: III/84
2. EU Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety
3. US FDA Food Additives Status List 
- Substances Added to Food (formerly EAFUS)
4. Japan’s List of Designated Food Additives under Article 10 of the Food Sanitation Act
Safety and Hazards (UN GHS):
1. Causes skin irritation (H315)
2. May cause an allergic skin reaction (H317)
3. Causes serious eye irritation (H319)
4. May cause respiratory irritation (H335)
5. May cause drowsiness or dizziness (H336)
6. Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child (H361)
7. Harmful to aquatic life (H402)
Potential Health Concerns For:
1. Dermatitis, Allergic Contact (PubMed ID:26795242)
2. Dermatitis, Irritant (PubMed ID:22906572)
Potential Health Benefits For:
1. Calcinosis (PubMed ID:30466616)
2. Hypercholesterolemia (PubMed ID:21944868)
3. Leukemia (PubMed ID:23220514)
4. Neoplasms (PubMed ID:19922762)