Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde(in 1,082 products)Banned by Gov or classified as a carcinogen by IARC
Banned by Gov or classified as a carcinogen by IARC
1. Fragrance / Fragrance Component - Provides or enhances a particular smell or odor.
This substance has been prohibited by the European Commission for use in cosmetic products.
The Hong Kong Consumer Council has stated that EU SCCS has prohibited the use of hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde (HICC) in consumer products.
1. PubChem: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/91604
1. EU CosIng Annex II, SUBSTANCES PROHIBITED IN COSMETIC PRODUCTS 
- Ref: II/1380
2. Hong Kong Consumer Council 2018-2019 Annual Report
- Report: Improving Product Quality and Safety, p29
3. International Fragrance Association Transparency List 
Safety and Hazards (UN GHS):
1. May cause an allergic skin reaction (H317)
2. Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects (H412)