Gellan Gum(in 594 products)
1. Binder / Stabilizer - Retains the physical characteristics of food/cosmetics and ensure the mixture remains in an even state.
2. Emulsifier - Allows water and oils to remain mixed together to form an emulsion.
3. Gelling Agent / Thickener - Increases the viscosity by thickening the liquid to give it more texture
4. Suspending Agent - Promotes particle suspension or dispersion while reducing sedimentation
5. Viscosity Controlling Agent - Maintains or alters the thickness of a liquid, mostly used in cosmetics
Gellan gum is a type of sugar produced by the bacteria, Sphingomonas elodeainitially, used as a gelling agent, alternative to agar, in microbiological culture. It is widely used as as a food additive with E number E418, as a thickener, emulsifier, and stabilizer. It is considered safe to use for food, non-food, cosmetic and pharmaceutical uses by many other countries. 
In cosmetics, it helps keep cosmetic formulas stable during storage and usage. It is produced via fermentation and then purified for use in cosmetics.