E585; Ferrous Lactate(in 2 products)
Potential Risk Index®:
1. Colorant - Pigments or dyes that are added in order to change or enhance the color.
2. Dietary / Nutritional Supplement - Vitamins, minerals, proteins, fatty acids or probiotics that improves nutritional intake
3. Flavor / Flavoring / Flavor Enhancer - Provides or enhances a particular taste or smell.
Ferrous lactate, or iron(II) lactate, the iron salt of lactic acid, which is a natural acid produced by the fermentation of lactose (milk sugar). It is produced commercially from the bacterial fermentation of carbohydrates and molasses. It is used as an acidity regulator, colour retention agent, and to fortify foods containing iron. It is approved to use as a food additive with E number E585 in EU.
1. PubChem: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/22197
1. EU Approved Food Additive 
Safety and Hazards (UN GHS):
1. Harmful if swallowed (H302)
2. Causes skin irritation (H315)
3. Causes serious eye irritation (H319)
4. May cause respiratory irritation (H335)