E556; Aluminium Calcium Silicate(in 3 products)
Potential Risk Index®:
1. Anti-caking Agent - Prevents lumps from forming in food due to excess water. They usually function as a water repellent or by absorbing excess moisture.
Aluminium calcium silicate is used as an anti-caking agent in food industry, found in salt, dried milk substitutes and flours. It has E number 556 and is approved to used as food additive in EU. It is also generally recognized as safe food substance in US.
1. US FDA Food Additives Status List 
- Aluminum calcium silicate
2. EU Approved Food Additive 
3. US FDA Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) (21 CFR 182) 
- § 182.2122 - Aluminum calcium silicate