E522; Aluminium Potassium Sulphate(in 17 products)
1. Acidity Regulator / Buffering Agent - Changes or maintains the acidity or basicity of food/cosmetics.
2. Binder / Stabilizer - Retains the physical characteristics of food/cosmetics and ensure the mixture remains in an even state.
3. Leavening / Raising Agent - Causes or forms gas bubbles in food
Aluminium Potassium Sulphate, also known as potassium alum or potash alum, is commonly used in water purification, leather tanning, dyeing, fireproof textiles, and baking powder. It also has cosmetic uses as a deodorant, as an aftershave treatment and as a styptic for minor bleeding from shaving.
As a food additive, it has E number 522 and is approved to use in EU.
1. PubChem: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/24856
1. EU Approved Food Additive 
Safety and Hazards (UN GHS):
1. Causes serious eye irritation (H319)