E516; Calcium Sulphate(in 125 products)
1. Binder / Stabilizer - Retains the physical characteristics of food/cosmetics and ensure the mixture remains in an even state.
Calcium sulphate is a white solid that is poorly soluble in water. It can cause permanent hardness in water.
The main use of calcium sulfate is to produce plaster of Paris and stucco. It is also used as a coagulant in products such as tofu. As a food additive, calcium sulfate can be found in processed fruits, dried vegetables, canned vegetables, vegetables in sauce and precooked vegetables. It is sometimes used as a flour treatment agent, making it common in grain-based foods, such as pastas, breakfast cereals, batters, rice products and bakery products. It has E number 516.
It is approved to use as food additive in EU and generally recognized as safe food substance in US.
1. PubChem: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/24497
1. EU Approved Food Additive 
Safety and Hazards (UN GHS):
1. Causes skin irritation (H315)
2. Causes serious eye damage (H318)
3. Causes serious eye irritation (H319)
4. May cause respiratory irritation (H335)