E495; Sorbitan Monopalmitate(in 583 products)
1. Emulsifier - Allows water and oils to remain mixed together to form an emulsion.
Sorbitan monopalmitate is a polysorbate that is derived from the mixture of partial esters of sorbitol and its mono- and dianhydrides with palmitic acid. It is a lipophilic surface-active agent. It is often used as an emulsifier in combination with polysorbates. It is also used to modify crystallisation of fats.
It is used as food additive (E495) in bakery products, toppings and coatings, marmalade, fat emulsions, milk and cream analogues,beverage whiteners, liquid tea concentrates and liquid fruit and herbal infusion concentrates, edible ices, emulsified sauces, dietary food supplements, chewing gum, dietetic foods intended for special medical purposes.
It is approved to use as food additive in EU.
1. PubChem: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/14927
1. EU Approved Food Additive 
Safety and Hazards (UN GHS):
1. Causes skin irritation (H315)
2. Causes serious eye irritation (H319)
3. May cause respiratory irritation (H335)