E465; Ethyl Methyl Cellulose(in 2 products)
1. Binder / Stabilizer - Retains the physical characteristics of food/cosmetics and ensure the mixture remains in an even state.
2. Emulsifier - Allows water and oils to remain mixed together to form an emulsion.
3. Gelling Agent / Thickener - Increases the viscosity by thickening the liquid to give it more texture
Ethyl methyl cellulose is a thickener, vegetable gum, foaming agent and emulsifier. Its E number is E465. It is used in many products including pasteurized products, ice-creams, cheeses, dairy products, batters, baked emulsions and spreads, breakfast cereals, and bakery goods, sterilized, pasteurized and UHT cream, low-calorie cream and pasteurized low-fat cream. Also used as a tobacco additive.
It is approved to use as food additive in EU.
1. EU Approved Food Additive 
2. Canada List of Permitted Food Additives
- List 8 - Methyl Ethyl Cellulose