Datem; Mono And Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters Of Mono And Diglycerides Of Fatty Acids(in 847 products)
1. Binder / Stabilizer - Retains the physical characteristics of food/cosmetics and ensure the mixture remains in an even state.
2. Emulsifier - Allows water and oils to remain mixed together to form an emulsion.
3. Gelling Agent / Thickener - Increases the viscosity by thickening the liquid to give it more texture
Diacetyl tartaric acid ester of mono- and diglycerides, (DATEM, also E472e) is an emulsifier primarily used in baking to create a strong gluten network in dough. It is added to crusty breads, such as rye to impart a springy, chewy texture, as well as in the production of biscuits, coffee whiteners, salsa con queso, ice cream, and salad dressings.
It is approved to use as food additive in EU and generally recognized as safe food substance in US.
1. EU Approved Food Additive 
2. US FDA Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) Food Substances (21 CFR 184) 
- § 184.1101 - Diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides