Cetostearyl Alcohol(in 33,025 products)
1. Binder / Stabilizer - Retains the physical characteristics of food/cosmetics and ensure the mixture remains in an even state.
2. Emollient - Softens and soothes the skin. Helps with skin conditioning.
3. Emulsifier - Allows water and oils to remain mixed together to form an emulsion.
4. Gelling Agent / Thickener - Increases the viscosity by thickening the liquid to give it more texture
5. Opacifier - Makes the mixture less transparent or translucent
6. Surfactant - Reduces the surface tension to allow mixtures to be formed evenly. Emulsifier is a specific type of surfactant which allows two liquids to mix together evenly
7. Viscosity Controlling Agent - Maintains or alters the thickness of a liquid, mostly used in cosmetics
Cetostearyl Alcohol is a type of fatty alcohol that is commonly used in cosmetics and personal care products as an emulsifying and thickening agent. This ingredient helps to improve the texture and stability of products, making them smoother, creamier, and easier to apply.
In addition to its texture-enhancing properties, Cetostearyl Alcohol is also a great choice for those with sensitive skin, as it is non-irritating and gentle. This ingredient is also safe and eco-friendly, making it a great choice for those looking for a product that is both effective and environmentally responsible.
Overall, Cetostearyl Alcohol is a versatile and effective ingredient that can help to improve the performance and stability of cosmetics and personal care products. Whether you are looking for a product that is gentle on your skin or that provides a smooth and creamy texture, this ingredient is a great choice for those looking for a natural and effective product.
1. PubChem: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/62238
1. US FDA Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) Food Substances (21 CFR 184)