Cetearyl Alcohol; Cetostearyl Alcohol(in 28,546 products)
1. Binder / Stabilizer - Retains the physical characteristics of food/cosmetics and ensure the mixture remains in an even state.
2. Emollient - Softens and soothes the skin. Prevents water (moisture) loss from the skin.
3. Opacifier - Makes the mixture less transparent or translucent
4. Surfactant - Reduces the surface tension to allow mixtures to be formed evenly. Emulsifier is a specific type of surfactant which allows two liquids to mix together evenly
5. Viscosity Controlling Agent - Maintains or alters the thickness of a liquid, mostly used in cosmetics
Cetearyl alcohol is a white, waxy, solid material in the form of flakes. It is oil soluble, but it is not water-soluble. It is a mixture of fatty alcohols.
Commonly used in hair conditioners and other hair products as well as creams and lotions In the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry.
1. PubChem: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/62238
1. US FDA Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) Food Substances (21 CFR 184)