Centella Asiatica Extract(in 8,816 products)
1. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) - Herbs and drugs which are classified as Traditional Chinese Medicine
Centella asiatica, also known as Brahmi, Asiatic pennywort, tiger grass, and gotu kola,is a perennial herb that grows primarily in Asia. For years, it’s had both culinary and medicinal uses, but like many traditional plant extracts, it’s getting more popular as a skin care ingredient for hydration, especially in South Korea brands.
Centella asiatica has potent antioxidant properties and to be a rich source of amino acids, and there’s additional research showing that it’s a good hydrating ingredient to soothe upset or compromised skin. It is also effective in improving treatment of small wounds, hypertrophic wounds as well as burns, psoriasis and scleroderma. 
1) Centella Asiatica is always included in the moisturizers in South Korean brands and is often labeled as “cica creams”.
2) Centella Asiatica is known as x in traditional chinese medicine.
1. Wiesława Bylka, Paulina Znajdek-Awiżeń, Elżbieta Studzińska-Sroka, and Małgorzata Brzezińska, Centella asiatica in cosmetology, Postepy Dermatol Alergol. 2013 Feb; 30(1): 46–49.
Potential Health Benefits For:
1. Cognition Disorders (PubMed ID:12859423)
2. Herpes Simplex (PubMed ID:10715843)
3. Liver Cirrhosis, Experimental (PubMed ID:15366600)
4. Parkinsonian Disorders (PubMed ID:20118623)