Caprylyl Glycol(in 25,179 products)
1. Antioxidant - Reduces oxidation to prevent the formation of free radicals which may be harmful to health.
2. Emollient - Softens and soothes the skin. Prevents water (moisture) loss from the skin.
3. Fragrance / Fragrance Component - Provides or enhances a particular smell or odor.
4. Humectant - Binds with water to increase skin hydration. Also enhances water absorption of the skin
5. Preservative - Prevents and inhibits the growth of unwanted microorganisms which may be harmful
Caprylyl glycol is a humectant and skin conditioning agent that lends moisturization, emollience and wetting properties to many cosmetic solutions. It also function as a stabilizer and has been shown to increase the antimicrobial activity of other preservatives. In fact, it's often used in a preservative blend containing phenoxyethanol and chloroxylenol, named Optiphen. Because of its multi-functioning nature (moisturizer & anti-microbial), it's used in a plethora of personal care products such as facial moisturizer, sunscreen, anti-aging treatment, lip gloss, mascara, concealer, cleanser and foundation.
1. PubChem: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/14231
1. International Fragrance Association Transparency List 
Safety and Hazards (UN GHS):
1. Harmful if swallowed (H302)
2. Causes serious eye damage (H318)
3. Causes serious eye irritation (H319)